Alternatives Energies is a pioneer and leading company in electric or hybrid energy-propulsion systems for ships. Settled in La Rochelle, it develops and implements all technological solutions based on electrification in order to reduce GHG emissions in navigation.
Nowadays rapidly growing, it is looking for engineers who want to be involved in a company focused on energy transition and innovation.
Reporting to the technical director, you will be in charge of the design and production of complete systems. You will be responsible for the performance, operation and regulations compliance of your systems. You contribute to the definitions, the study and the achievement of the projects by choosing the best technical solutions taking into account GHG emissions, customer needs, costs and deadlines.
During a project, you will have to successively lead the following tasks:
- Evaluate the energy needs of the ship and in particular of its propulsion
- Choose the architecture and technology that meet these needs
- Size systems and equipments ensuring that their integration into the ship is possible, that power and energy needs are met and that regulations and standards are met
- Write specifications and plans for subcontractors
- Write HMI and automation specifications
- Participate in technical reviews with the client, shipyard, naval architect
- Write tests specifications and ensure the development and integration of functions
- Solve anomalies and technical problems
You will work in a rich and innovative technical context within a small passionate and dynamic team in which you will have to complete your knowledge in order to be able to assume the responsibilities you will be in charge of.
You will be a source of proposals for an activity in full evolution.
Generalist, electrical or naval engineer, you have at least general knowledge of networks, distribution and conversion components, energy storage and automation.
You have more than two years of maritime experience or more than five years of industry experience.
You are motivated by Alternatives Energies environmental objectives and by the technical challenges it faces.
You are a team player with a good ability to work on complex projects with strong deadline constraints. You are curious, dynamic and you communicate easily with your colleagues.
You have a sense of analysis and synthesis. Your level of English allows you to be independent in your communication.
Position: Production engineer
Post: Electrical schematics